Saturday, August 11, 2012

Getting started

Back today from speaking at a local Homeschool event on my first year of homeshooling my 2nd grader. Umhmmm, I mean now to be 3rd grader!  I was impressed by the other speakers and how much wealth and wisdom they have to offer.

It hit me that we are all at different stages of our lives no matter our journey. None of us - let me repeat, NONE OF US, has it all figured out and no longer have any capacity to learn or even teach others through our experiences. We have unlimited capacity to learn and to share!!

If life as taught me anything is that people need each other and shared experiences are the thread that draws us all together.

Life cannot be done alone as I don't believe the good Lord intended us to be alone. I believe that we are   wired to desire and need other interactions. In essence, we are relational creatures.

I created this blog for a couple of reasons:

  1.  To have an outlet to ramble, ponder, rant and even brag about my family's homeschool adventures. 
  2. To pass on even a snippet of my experiences in hopes that they may help or at least amuse others. 
  3. Finally, I think it's okay to offer validation to others and for all us to know that there is no right or wrong way to homeschool your children. In my house, we like to homeschool in our PJs!! 


Follow along and there is no telling what I will write or share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment