Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Love my eraser!




Today, I am thankful for my eraser.  That may sound crazy but for a list-making, compulsive Type-A, rule-follower like me, this is HUGE!  One of the many lessons I learned over the past three years on this homeschool ride, is to use pencil when making my lessons plans. YEP! You read that right -- it's a wonderful piece of advice that has saved me hours of "itchy teeth" (my description for something that really bothers me).  ANYWAY...... Today was a day that I had penciled in quite a few activities and nothing went according to plan.

To start, my kiddo had cross country practice at 7am and it lasted until 830am. After we arrived at home, we had breakfast  and then it was off to the dentist for his 6 month check up.  Our Principal (aka Dad) had a couple of doctor appointments today but had time to go with us to lunch. So, we took him up on his invite and trudged across town to our local Mellow Mushroom to eat at 1974 prices. TODAY only!! Woo hoo! I love a good bargain.


Once we finally got home, all of us were too tired to start school. Kiddo did make it to the school room and completed his required 30 minutes of vision therapy exercises. During that time, I just moved all the activities I had planned to Friday and conveniently erased it from today!!!

That's what I love about this freedom I have allowed for myself.  FLEXIBILITY, FAMILY, FUN and FREEDOM and of course there is learning through life lessons in there too!

Tomorrow is another day and Kiddo will go to his morning STEM classes. I am sure this will not be the last time I get to use my little pink friend during our school year.

I'm not saying this is the right way to do things, but this is how this momma homeschools!




2 comments:

  1. Hmmm..lunch at 1974 prices sounds like a history lesson to me... :-)

    ReplyDelete