Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 2 in the books

The day started out much better due to the fact that I got some sleep and partnered that nicely with my French Vanilla K-Cup.

Kiddo worked very hard today and it was a lot easier today as many of the items were to complete things we started yesterday. Now, once I work on my lesson plans for the coming weeks, I will know NOT to include certain things as a starting lesson. For instance, NO starting a new IEW lesson (video) on the same day we start a new unit in My Father's World, along with science homework from the STEM class that we missed due to vacation. LESSON LEARNED!

I am finding myself already glossing over some things - for instance this week at the start of MFW Creation to the Greeks, we are supposed to do an actual Jewish Sabbath celebration. I can tell you that isn't going to happen this week because first, I am unprepared! Second, I just can't wrap my head around all that it entails.  Thirdly, I don't want to do it half-way, I would like the family to experience the process the right way and give it the reverence and attention it deserves.

So, I am using my executive powers and moving it to another week down the road. I am going to check the family calendar to make sure we an actual Friday and Saturday we can do this properly. If not, then we will do the "major" things in the celebration.

Currently, he and I  are talking about the various aspects of the celebration in the lesson and we are even making a list of the items we need in order to do this in our non-Jewish household. The way I see it is that I will make a lesson by taking my kiddo to the store to purchase the various items needed. The beauty of homeschool is that we can adapt and adjust!!  At least that's how this momma homeschools!

No comments:

Post a Comment