Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sleeping in

This morning our routine was thrown out simply because I flipped off a little switch. Since Hubs made his suggestions last week to motivate G, I have been setting my alarm for 730am. For those non-homeschool families -- I know that is sleeping in!!--  But to those of us who have slightly older children and the dubious honor of schooling at home, we're on 'homeschool time.'

Anyway, I went to bed early the night before like I had hoped only to have a little visitor climb into the empty spot next me that is normally filled by Hubs. As Hubs is out of town, G said he was just there to keep me company. In any event, we slept well through the night until around 4am when a nice little tree frog started a moonlight serenade. It was cute at first but then it just became annoying. I had visions of locating said nuisance and conducting my very own science experiment.

G on the other hand, woke momentarily to inquire about the sound but then promptly dozed back off to meet the Sandman and continue their adventures. Me, however was wide awake because of  the nauseating sounds of Mr Tree Frog looking for love and by my estimates -- in all the wrong places! Since I was awake I figured it was a good of a time a time as any to take care of some things I had been putting off.  You know -- mark some things off my lists!! -- AAAAHHHHHHH!!!

So, I logged onto my PC and updated a few blog posts, researched some stuff for work and sent off needed emails. All this by 6am, at which time Mr. Armor had gone to sleep or crept off into the bushes as he may have felt my ire from the other side of the wall.  I made a decision on my way back to bed to flip off the alarm and just wake up on my own, or whenever G got me -- whichever came first.

Ironically, I still woke before G and it was 830am. Glorious Sleep - 830am!! I hadn't slept the day away but we were 1 hour behind schedule for school.  Oh well, figured I was this late so I woke G and we snuggled and giggled about our day. We did get out of bed around 845am and proceeded to start our normal routine.

G had speech at 1030am and I am proud to say that he got a lot done in the 1 hour before we had to leave!! Wednesdays are turning out to not be as stressful as they were in the first couple of weeks. I have tweaked our schedule to be a little lighter on Monday and Wednesday due to commitments. But Tuesday and Thursday are pretty heavy with Friday being the make-up, FUN day in which we do the extras and stuff we just didn't get to during the week.

I am glad I took a little extra time to sleep in this morning. It's really better for everyone because I get a little sleep deprived when Hubs is out of town so I needed it and the 'Grouchy Picker' didn't have to visit our house. (More on the 'Grouchy Picker' in another post down the road.)

But spending a little extra time in my PJs cuddled up in my comfy bed was just what I needed.  I make a better mommy and teacher when I am not sleep-deprived!!

No comments:

Post a Comment