Saturday, October 6, 2012

In need of an intervention

Somebody needs to stop me!! G has asked for a birthday party this year!! As a little back story, G has asked for something simple the last 2 years. So, we have had a sleepover with a couple of friends, gone to the movies and McDonald's those years!!! Very low key and it's driving me crazy!!

I am a party planner at heart but I think I ruined him early on. Growing up, we didn't have a lot of money and my mom didn't have a lot of time so elaborate birthday parties were not an option! But I do remember my 13th birthday party sleepover with great fondness. I digress!!

Anyway, G's history of birthday parties started with his first birthday party -- complete with Clifford the Big Red Dog theming all the way down to his clothes and 50 of his closest friends and family. His 2nd birthday, not so much an affair but I did find a cute pattern on a napkin and had a cake crafted to match. It was a small affair with just his cousins!  His 3rd birthday was a Pump-It-Up blow out with all his pre-school friends! His 4th Birthday was a pirate party in which costumes were the rage!! Hubby even dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow. We had lots of party games including cannon ball toss and wow what a cake crafted by my friend Scarlett. Check out the link to her gallery and G's cake is near the bottom!  The 5th birthday party was a Super Hero bonanza with all his friends in their Super Hero finest!! I made the cake this time!! (I was taking cake decorating at the time). His 6th and final birthday was at a mini-golf experience. Not sure it was a  great idea to give a bunch of 5 and 6 years old clubs and cake!! Oh well!!

So, 2 years of birthday hiatus and I am trying to contain myself. But, I am so excited!! I told myself that by planning at the bowling alley that would make it easy and leave very little for me to do!! HAHA!
Scarlett has been commissioned to make a masterpiece. I have found lots of cool ideas on the web for decorations and favors!! Good thing the bowling alley limits what I can and can't do or I am afraid of what I might do. LOL

Anyway, I am going to force myself away from the computer and stop short of a Lego themed bowling shirts for guests!! AAAHHHHHH-- what a great idea!! No, stop!! That's a little overboard --- or is it???



No comments:

Post a Comment